Whether a website is important or not in business, we will not duel on that because you and I know that we are into the information age. If you have a business and you don’t have a website, you are losing out more potential customers or leads for your business. Taking your business online is one way of reaching out to more potential customers that are not limited to your local place.
- Read also: Importance of Website For Your Business
A website can bring your business a tremendous benefit when it is built strategically. Building a website doesn’t mean you need to be a web designer. You don’t need also to pay someone to do it for you because you can do it yourself.
When it comes to making a website, should you make a free website? Or go for the paid one. Let’s dig deep on that.
Table of Contents
Make A Free Website on Free Platform Advantages and Disadvantages.
Yes, you can have a free website in WordPress.com, Blogspot.com or any other free blogging site and your website will look like this. yourwebsitename.blogspot.com or yourwebsitename.wordpress.com.
The Disadvantages of a Free Website.
- Less credibility because if your business is big-time, why can’t you afford the paid one. I am not the only person who will think about that but the potential customers of your business too.
- You don’t own it and the website offers you a free service that may take down your site anytime they want.
- Your website can have an Ads that you cannot benefit from. Your free website provider puts ads on your site because they offer you free hosting.
- There are a limited theme and designs like the beautiful themes of self-hosted WordPress. (Please do not be confused about wordpress.com and wordpress.org. WordPress.com offers a free hosting like Blogspot.)
- Offers a limited SEO and Customization unlike in the self-hosted WordPress, you can have lots of plugins to make your site more beautiful.
Advantages of A Free Website
- Cost-effective. Spend $0 to have a free website.
- Easy to create a website
Paid Website or the Self-Hosted WordPress Advantage and Disadvantages.
If you want your business to take off online, you must invest a minimal amount of capital for your paid website. You don’t have to pay someone because you can do it yourself. I made this website not having any web design or coding background. It’s just that, making a website today is not as complicated like a long-time ago.
- Read the Tutorial: How To Create A Website ( Step by Step Guide )
Advantages of A self-hosted WordPress website or blog
- Own your website. To make a self-hosted WordPress, you need to buy the domain name and hosting. I explained in my tutorial on how to make a website. If you buy the hosting, meaning you own it. No one can take it down or remove your website.
- You have thousands of themes and you can customize it the way you like. Most of the themes also are SEO ready so your website will have a great chance of appearing on Google searches if you will be making good content.
- Thousands of Plug-ins that will make your blog or website cool than the free one. You have the convenience in short.
- Easy to use and Install.
- With support from the hosting companies whenever you got trouble with your website. Most of the hosting companies have phone support or chat support which is very helpful.
- Love by search Engines than the Free ones.
- You can monetize or put ads on your website that you can benefit from.
- Builds credibility unlike the free ones with the low-quality server and ugly domain names.
Disadvantages of Self Hosted WordPress Blogs.
- Needs minimal investment which is not good for people who don’t want to shell out money for an extra cost or for those who don’t have an extra budget allotted for the website.
Free websites are good to start if you want to familiarize making a website but it will never take your business to the next level. If you want your website to succeed, go for the self-hosted WordPress blogs that offer convenience and ease in making a website or blogs.
If you are ready to start to make your first website, go here now ⇒ How To Create A Website ( Step by Step Guide )
- 5 Reasons Why You Need a Website For AIM World Business
- Advantages of Having A Website For AIMWorld
- Verify Paypal Account Using Paymaya Easily – Guided Steps